We are a leading SUZUKI Marine dealership, continually growing and need your help! We require a dynamic, proactive Marine Mechanic Workshop Manager to join our team.
The perfect candidate must be Marine Trade Qualified. This is an autonomous and fast-paced position requiring the candidate to have strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
Remuneration will be negotiated based on your experience and qualifications.
The successful applicant will need to be able to conduct the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, support and direction to the Workshop Team
- Assist with scheduling jobs in an electronic diary for day to day operations
- Prioritise daily workflow and allocate jobs to ensure efficient use of manpower and resources
- Drive and maintain a good culture between the workshop and sales team and ensure internal jobs are completed in a timely manner
- Work with the technicians to complete repair or service tasks on customers outboard engines and trailers
- Supervising the quality and performance of work being conducted by the technicians
- Diagnose, service and repair outboard engines as required
- Assist with purchasing of parts for each job
- Provide quotes for insurance purposes
- Regularly report the progress of each job and communicate delays or concerns with the Dealer Principal
- Work with the Workshop Administration Officer to respond to customer’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate
- Identify customer’s needs and explain or demonstrate our services to them, which may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the Dealer Principal to investigate customer complaints and concerns and identify an appropriate course of action
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
This role is a self-directed management role within a hands-on environment.
Attributes and requirements include:
- Marine Mechanical Trade Qualification
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the marine industry
- Strong interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from the technicians to the Dealer Principal
- Computer literacy (Be competent with Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Organisational, Management and lead by example “Leadership” skills
- Have an understanding of electronic engine software and electronic parts catalogue
- Parts interpretation
- Must be quality and productivity focussed
- Current forklift licence preferred
The successful applicant will be part of a positive and focused team who are passionate about boating and fishing and who all work and play in this environment.
If you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!